It is our policy to maintain the privileged and strictly confidential nature of all information gathered through our website in accordance with the Applicable Laws of the Philippines (the Philippine Data Privacy Act of 2012 and its subsidiary legislations and regulations as amended from time to time”).
We are committed to properly managing, protecting, and processing your Personal Data in accordance with this Policy, which shall apply to all Personal Data we collect from you through our Platforms.
Please read and review this Policy, which will inform you how we collect, use, process and disclose your Personal Data. We may also collect and process your Personal Data under any exceptions to Applicable Laws, which are not set out in this Policy. We trust that it will assist you in making an informed decision whether to provide us with any of your Personal Data.
During our relationship with you, we may collect Personal Data from you. Examples of the types of Personal Data we may collect include your name, contact details, mailing and delivery addresses, email address, birthday, network and device data (including your IP address and device or advertising identifiers), your shopping or browsing behaviors, facial image, voice recording (for customer service calls) and any other personally identifiable information which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or in the course of any other forms of interaction between you and us.
If you provide us with Personal Data relating to a third party by submitting such Personal Data to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
By (1) clicking “Yes” on our Policy pop-up or any web form referring to this Policy on any of our online platforms, (2) submitting your Personal Data to us when signing up for an account on the Website, or (3) ordering any of our products and services, you are agreeing to the terms of this Policy.
We may update this Policy to ensure that it is consistent with industry trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. You agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Policy as updated from time to time. We will endeavor to notify you by email or by notice on the Website of any material changes to the Policy.
What Personal Data is collected:
We collect Personal Data from you when:
- You register an account on the Website;
- You use any of our related services, such as subscribing to our newsletter, product notifications;
- You browse our products and services or otherwise interact with our Website / Social media pages;
- You accept our cookies on your device;
- You interact with our customer experience team or other representatives, for example, via our webform, emails, telephone calls, letters, or face-to-face meetings;
- You interact with us on our Social Media, such as liking our posts, commenting on our posts, private messaging us on our Social Media;
- You participate in our promotions, lucky draws, initiatives or any request for additional Personal Data such as customer surveys;
- We receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where they referred you to us to enjoy the benefits of a joint promotion or collaboration or to redeem a voucher you purchased through them;
- Your authorized representative submits your Personal Data to us for any purpose reasonably authorized by you, for example if such representative is purchasing our product or service to be delivered to you or as a gift;
- Our third-party analytics and other service providers provide your Personal Data to us, which was collected and processed by them and disclosed to us pursuant to their separate privacy policies; or
- When you voluntarily submit your Personal Data to us for any reason.
We may also collect your Personal Data in circumstances where such collection does not require consent under Applicable Laws.
Please ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested.
What Personal Data is processed:
We may use and disclose your Personal Data for purposes necessary to provide you with our products as services, including to:
- register and maintain your user account and to verify your identity or age;
- process your order for our products or services, process or collect your payment for the order;
- deliver or perform the products or services you purchased, including our couriers calling or messaging you to obtain your delivery instructions;
- process your returns or refunds in accordance with our Terms of Service;
- provide you with supporting services and functions related to your user account, such as saved items in cart, wish list, brand or product notifications;
- communicate with you in relation to (i) your queries, requests and feedback, (ii) material changes to our Website Terms of Service, Policy or other terms and conditions, and (iii) matters relating to the operation of your account;
- personalize and improve your customer experience when you visit the Website and social media pages, for example by prioritizing products and services appearing in your search results or feed;
- monitor and enforce compliance with our Terms of Service, including dispute resolution;
- comply with (i) internal risk controls, (ii) the terms of our access to payment processing, financial or banking services such as credit card disputes, fraud, billing errors, or (iii) any applicable law; and
- ensure our Website and social media accounts function properly and to improve their performance, by carrying out activities such as debugging, statistical analyses for optimizing our Website and Social media pages.
Who has access to your Personal Data:
In relation to our use of your Personal Data, we may disclose your Personal Data to our:
- employees, consultants, temporary workers;
- payment processors, who process your payment on the Website;
- logistics providers, such as courier services which will deliver your order to you;
- professional advisers and consultants;
- agents, contractors or service providers who provide operational services to us, such as online cloud storage and processing, marketing optimization, information technology, telecommunications, security or other relevant services which requires their collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data; and
- any other party whom you authorize us to disclose your Personal Data to.
Our disclosure of your Personal Data shall be in accordance with Applicable Laws. In this regard, you hereby acknowledge, agree and consent that we are permitted to disclose your Personal Data to such third parties for one or more of the above Purposes and for the said third parties to subsequently collect, use, disclose and/or process your Personal Data for one or more of the above Purposes.
How can I access or edit my Personal Data?
You may access or correct your name, e-mail address, birthday, shipping and billing addresses and contact numbers by logging in to your user account on the Website under “Account Information” and clicking the “Edit” button under each relevant field.
For Personal Data that cannot be corrected by you by logging in to your user account on the Website you may request to access and correct such Personal Data by submitting a written request to us via emailing our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org We may need to request additional information from you to confirm your identity before providing the access or making the correction.
We will do our best to respond to Personal Data access and correction requests within 30 days. Where we are unable to meet this timeline, we will update you with the soonest possible time within we can provide the information or make the correction. Please note that certain types of Personal Data access and correction requests may be exempt under Applicable Laws.
Note that we may charge you a reasonable fee for the handling and processing your Personal Data access request.
We will send your corrected Personal Data to every other person or entity to which such Personal Data was disclosed by Icon Scrubs within the year before the date of the correction.
Subject to obtaining your consent, we may send the corrected Personal Data only to specific organizations to which the Personal Data was disclosed by us within a year before the date the correction was made.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
How can I request to withdraw my consent?
If you wish to withdraw your consent for us to send you sales, marketing or promotional information, please inform email us at email@example.com.
Your rights and freedoms as a data subject in accordance with the Applicable Laws shall be respected. Once we receive notification that you wish to withdraw your consent for receiving marketing or promotional materials or communications, it may take up to thirty (30) days for your withdrawal to be reflected in our systems. Therefore, you may still receive marketing or promotional materials or communications during this period.
You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of any of your Personal Data in our possession or under our control by submitting a written request via email to our Data Protection Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that, depending on the nature of the consent withdrawal, we may not be able to continue to provide you with some or all of our products or services. We will process such a request within a reasonable time from receiving notice from you of your withdrawal of consent. Once the processing is complete, we will no longer collect, use and/or disclose your Personal Data, except to the extent we retain your Personal Data for compliance, regulatory or other legal purposes.
How is your personal data managed?
Your rights and freedoms as a data subject in accordance with the Applicable Laws shall be respected. We will make reasonable efforts to ensure Personal Data likely to be used by us or disclosed by us to another organization is accurate and complete. However, you should update us of any changes in your Personal Data. We will not be responsible for relying on inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data if you have not updated us of changes.
We will also put in place reasonable security arrangements to ensure that your Personal Data is adequately protected and secured. This includes putting in place reasonable security measures to prevent any unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, loss, damage or alteration of your Personal Data. However, we will not be responsible for any unauthorized use of Personal Data by third parties which is attributable to factors beyond our control.
When Personal Data in our possession is (i) no longer required for any reason connected to the purpose it was originally collected, (ii) retention by us is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes, or (iii) ordered blocked, removed, or destroyed by you, we will exercise measures to ensure such Personal Data is either destroyed.
On Third-Party Cookies
You may reject third party cookies through the settings on your browser. Note that this may result in the loss of Website functionality, restrict your use of the Website, or delay or affect the way in which the Website operates.
How to contact us:
For any questions relating to your Personal Data or about this Policy, if you have a complaint regarding the collection, use or handling of your Personal Data by us, or a question about how we are complying with Applicable Laws, you may contact our Data Protection Officer via one of the following methods:
- Email address : email@example.com
- Attention: ‘Data Protection Officer’
Emails and letters should clearly state that you are making a data protection query, request or complain in the subject line to ensure the matter is dealt with expediently. We will strive to deal with any query, request or complaint promptly and fairly.
Philippine Law as the Governing Law
This Policy and your use of this Website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the Philippines.
As part of our efforts to ensure that we properly manage, protect and process your Personal Data, we will be reviewing our policies, procedures and processes from time to time. In this regard, Icon Scrubs may update this Policy to ensure that it is consistent with industry trends and any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. We reserve the right to amend the terms of this Policy at our absolute discretion.
Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Policy as updated from time to time on our Website.
By (1) clicking “Yes” on our Policy pop-up or any web form referring to the amended Policy on any of our online platforms, (2) submitting your Personal Data to us when signing up for an account on the Website, or (3) ordering any of our products and services, you are agreeing to the terms of the amended Policy.
You are encouraged to visit the above Website from time to time to ensure that you are well-informed of our latest policies in relation to Personal Data protection.